Last Updated: August 5, 2018
This website is a personal blog. I’m doing my best to comply with all applicable laws and to fully disclose everything that you have the right to know. Keep in mind that a modern website is complex, with many moving parts. Please let me know if you think something is missing or needs clarification.
Before using this website, please read these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) carefully. By using this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. “Using” includes website browsing activities including visiting, viewing, reading, commenting, following links, and other activities.
I am the owner of all information on this website, including any and all copyrights, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights related to the words, designs, images, and graphics on this website, except where otherwise noted (see Site Design). Information on this website may be copied for personal use only, and no part may be reproduced, reused or reposted without my permission except as outlined in the “Image Share Policy” and the “Social Media Share Policy” below. Contact me to request permission.
All website content is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as professional or specific advice. I make every effort to provide complete and accurate information, but I am not responsible or liable for any inaccuracies. I am writing as a layperson, not as a professional interior designer, kitchen designer, bathroom designer, architect, engineer, or building code consultant. Please consider any design-related advice that I may offer a starting point for consulting with the appropriate professional(s), not a replacement for doing so. I am not responsible for your reliance on the information presented on this website and I am not liable for any damages or harm.
Image Share Policy
I encourage community and sharing. I give you permission to use an image from my site on your blog with the following conditions:
- use only one image from a post;
- include a dofollow link to the actual post on this site where the image was obtained;
- the link on your site must be adjacent to the image displayed;
- do not alter the image in any way other resizing;
- the hyperlink anchor text must include “Indoor Mood”; and
- do not share my images on Instagram without permission.
Contact me if you need help with doing this according to my policy.
Social Media Share Policy
Sharing posts from this website on social media is encouraged and appreciated. Feel free to save my images to your Pinterest boards, but please do not share images on Instagram without my permission.
Free Downloadable Content
Free downloadable content is offered for personal use only.
Website comments will be publicly available to other website visitors. You own the rights to content you post on this website, but agree to give a license so that this content can be shared on the website. I reserve the right to remove any comment or user-generated content without notice or justification.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
This website and associated services collect information that you provide. For example, information is collected if you create an account, participate in any interactive features of this website, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate via third-party social media sites, request customer support or communicate with me by email or otherwise.
The types of information collected may include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use this website and associated services, information may be automatically collected about you, including:
Log Information: This website collects log information about your use of the website and associated services, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the website you visited before navigating to this website. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is collected in anonymized form only, meaning that the IP address information collected cannot be used to identify you or your specific location.
Mobile Device Information: This website collects information about the mobile device you use to access it, including the hardware model, operating system, and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and use of this website and associated services.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: This website and its service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help to improve the user experience, see which areas and features of the website that are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the website or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information Collected From Other Sources
Information may also be collected from other sources to be used in combination with information that this website and associated services collect. For example, information may be collected about you when you post content to pages/feeds associated with this website on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
Information about you may be used for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain, improve and promote the website’s products and services;
- provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information of possible interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with this website;
- personalize and improve the website and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information obtained from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on behalf of this website;
- when you participate in the interactive areas of this website or associated services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- in response to a request for information if disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- if your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of this website by another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
This website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the website with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
This website and its service providers use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information that this website has collected about you by contacting me. If you wish to delete or deactivate information that this website has collected about you, please contact me, but note that some information that you provide through associated services may continue to be accessible (for example, comments you submit through associated services) and that the website may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. This website may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of this website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from this website by following the instructions in those communications for unsubscribing. If you opt out, this website may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations (if applicable).
With your consent, you may receive push notifications or alerts to your computer browser or mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your browser or device.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that websites use to store information on your computer or device. This website uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. This allows for the recognition and counting of website visitors and to see how visitors move around this website when they are using it. This information helps with improving the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to this website. This enables the website to personalize the content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make this website, and the advertising displayed on it, more relevant to your interests. For this purpose, the information may be shared with third parties.
Below you can find more information about the individual cookies that this site uses.
This website sets some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
This website sets several types of third-party cookies, and this website does not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Anti-spam – This is a plug-in that blocks spam comments. It blocks suspicious comments (including suspicious IP addresses). The behaviour of the plug-in is described here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/anti-spam/.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of this website.
Links to Other Web Sites
This blog includes links to third-party websites that I do not control. Once you leave my website, you are no longer governed by these Terms. I assume no responsibility for the content or practices of any third party websites.
Many of my posts contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and buy something, I may receive a very small commission. It does not result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Mentions of associated products, services, or businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference. The affiliate money I earn per month helps pay the fees to keep this site up and running. Thanks so much for your support.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other Affiliate Programs
I also participate in other affiliate programs.
If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed with applicable law and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. These Terms are governed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and Canada.
I reserve the right to terminate any users for abuse of these Terms. I reserve the right to remove unlawful, obscene, inappropriate or otherwise undesirable shares or comments on my blog or social media channels.
These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.
Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me.