Welcome to Indoor Mood. This is my blog about creating a home that’s stylish, functional, and you.
But maybe you…
- have no clue how to transform a room from hodgepodge to stylish?
- think there’s no point because your home or budget is too small?
- feel overwhelmed by disorganized spaces that need a fresh start?
- just want those “your place looks great!” comments?
Here’s the thing: You deserve to feel at home in your home. And it’s simpler than you think.
I’m convinced that…
You can express your unique style in your home.
I was lucky to have an artist mother help me develop “an eye.” But over the years, I’ve found that there are so many ways to learn about home styling. The homes, stores, offices, and travel locales that we experience can teach us so much. I’ve had to chance to test my design sense by experimenting with the decor in my home and those of friends and family.
Are you worried that you have no style other than what you like on Pinterest or Instagram? You probably have great taste, and just need tips on how to pull a room together.
Your home matters, even if it’s temporary.
Back in my university days in Montreal, I always put my stamp on the dingy yet charming flats I could afford. Oh, the decorating adventures. The mint green kitchen. Snatching up a cast-off vintage rattan dining set. Wrapping a bedroom in woven-grass beach mats, for that tropical feeling.
Many of my student friends were happy with having a place to crash. I always insisted on making short-term rentals feel like home. My flat was my refuge, made cosy with cooking, music, roommates, and humble dinner parties.
You don’t need a huge budget or square footage.
When it comes to home improvement, it helps to know where to spend and where to save. Expensive isn’t always better, and throwing money at problems doesn’t always solve them. I embrace the “high/low” approach – knowing when to invest in quality, and when to let “cheap and cheerful” win the day.
A home can be small, but feel “just right.” Intentional space planning is key, and I’ve got lots of small space tips to share with you.
Feeling the Indoor Mood yet?
- Click here for the latest posts.
- Follow by email to keep up with the latest and get exclusive content
- Check out what I’m pinning by following me on Pinterest. You can also find me on Facebook and Instagram.
- Send me an email.
- My name is pronounced “Ks-ay-nee-ya”, after an aunt on my family’s Ukrainian side.
- I share my home with a husband, a teen son and a tween daughter.
- As a professional biologist, I enjoy the middle of nowhere – and love taking a helicopter to get there.
- I’m a foodie, a hiker, a bookworm, and an obsessive researcher of everything related to home design.